The Best Electric Garden Shredder of 2020
Bosch AXT 25TC (Turbine Cut)
The Bosch AXT 25TC has been our shredder of the year for the last 3 years. Before that its slightly less powerful predecessor – the 23TC held the top spot.
This shredder is so good that the only viable alternative is to look at the best of the smaller petrol shredders/chippers.
- Cuts just about any sort of garden clippings
- Enormous throughput – 230kg/hr
- Cuts branches up to 45mm – that is getting up to small log size
- Quiet – 82dB You can easily hold a conversation while using
- 2years parts and labour warranty
- Price – it’s expensive
- Not much else
Best Impact Shredder 2020
Bosch AXT 2200
- Cuts up to 40mm diameter
- Copes with most types of small, soft green clippings
- Large capacity hopper for quicker feeding
- 90kg/hr throughput
- Lightweight – 12kg
- 853 reviews on Amazon – 3.8 stars
- Blade life not great – still better than practically any other impact shredder
- Noise – 105dB – that is pretty noisy
- No self-feeding mechanism
- No collection box
Best Quiet Shredder 2020
- Cuts up to 40mm diameter with ease
- Great for larger, tougher, woody clippings
- Powerful self feeding mechanism
- Copes well with a range of cuttings and clippings without jamming
- Quiet. 92dB. It’s not the quietest machine we have reviewed but it isn’t going to upset your neighbours
- Price. At around £160 (
£189.99) this is great value for a highly rated, quiet shredder
- Chippings/shreddings are quite large. May not suit some users particularly for mulching
- Too early to get meaningful reliability information.
About Our Garden Shredder Reviews
Bosch have featured strongly on this web site for many years. That is not deliberate. It is just that in our reviews the Bosch machines provide the most innovative and all encompassing range of electric garden shredders on sale in the uk today.
In 2020, for the first time since we started providing ‘Best Garden Shredder Reviews’, Bosch does not occupy all three top spots.
The Tacklife is an excellent quiet shredder that has easily ousted the Bosch AXT25D from it’s position.
Tacklife also provides extremely strong competition in the highly competitive impact shredder arena.
Over the last few years we have seen Bosch shredders come to dominate the market. Happily, other manufacturers are now providing better machines. The competition is sure to drive innovation in this garden tools sector.
It’s very important to realise that the main types of garden shredder: impact, quiet and turbine cut, are designed for different garden shredding needs.
Read this guide to compare impact shredders.
Read this guide to compare quiet shredders.
Best Electric Garden Shredders You Can Buy in 2020
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API